Today, I want to share with you my journey of creating a new curated life after fighting PTSD and working on self-love and self-discovery. It has been a long and challenging road, but I am grateful for the progress I have made and the person I have become.
One of the first steps I took towards healing was embracing mindfulness. Mindfulness is the practice of being fully present in the moment, accepting our thoughts and feelings without judgment. It allowed me to acknowledge and process my emotions instead of suppressing them. By practicing mindfulness, I became more aware of my triggers and learned to respond to them with compassion and understanding.
Another crucial aspect of my healing journey was de-cluttering my life. Let's just say I still have a lot to de-clutter but just starting the process felt good. Physical clutter often reflects emotional clutter, and by somewhat decluttering my physical space, I was able to create a sense of calm and order within myself. I started by organizing my living space, getting rid of things I no longer needed, and creating a peaceful environment that supported my well-being.
However, de-cluttering went beyond my physical surroundings. I also had to de-clutter my mind. I realized that holding onto past traumas and negative thought patterns was weighing me down. So, I actively worked on letting go of the things that no longer served me. This involved forgiving myself and others, releasing guilt and shame, and focusing on the present moment rather than dwelling on the past.
As I embarked on my journey of self-love and self-discovery, I began to curate a life that aligned with my values, passions, and desires. Here are some tips that helped me along the way:
1. Set clear intentions: Define what you want your curated life to look like. Identify your values and set goals that align with them. This will provide you with a clear roadmap to follow.
2. Practice self-care: Prioritize self-care in your daily routine. Take time for activities that nourish your mind, body, and soul. It could be anything from taking a long bath to engaging in creative pursuits or spending quality time with loved ones.
3. Surround yourself with positive influences: Surround yourself with people who uplift and support you. Create a social circle of individuals who inspire you to be the best version of yourself and encourage your growth.
4. Embrace new experiences: Step outside of your comfort zone and try new things. Explore new hobbies, travel to new places, or engage in activities that challenge you. This will help you discover new passions and expand your horizons.
5. Practice gratitude: Cultivate a gratitude practice by acknowledging and appreciating the blessings in your life. This can be as simple as keeping a gratitude journal or taking a moment each day to reflect on what you are grateful for. Gratitude shifts your focus to the positive aspects of your life, fostering a sense of contentment and joy.
Remember, creating a curated life is an ongoing process. It requires patience, self-compassion, and a willingness to grow. Be kind to yourself and celebrate every small step forward. Healing from PTSD and embarking on a journey of self-love and self-discovery is a courageous act, and you should be proud of yourself.